Sunday, May 24, 2026
Newsletter About
News & Politics

Middle East crisis live: Rubio sees initial progress on reopening Hormuz after Trump claims Iran deal ‘largely negotiated’

The US secretary of state suggested a deal could be announced ‘in the next few hours’ but cautioned it wouldn’t be a ‘final’ agreementFull report: Trump says peace deal with Iran ‘largely negotiated’ with strait of Hormuz to openIn Lebanon,…

This article was originally published by The Guardian World and is republished here under license.

The US secretary of state suggested a deal could be announced ‘in the next few hours’ but cautioned it wouldn’t be a ‘final’ agreement

In Lebanon, the civil defence agency said early on Sunday its regional facility in the southern city of Nabatieh had been destroyed by an Israeli strike.

The Directorate General of Civil Defence said the building had collapsed and a large number of vehicles and equipment had been damaged by a “direct hit in a hostile Israeli strike”.

Continue reading…

More in News & Politics

View All →

Leave a Reply

Discover more from The Meridian Review

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading