Thursday, May 21, 2026
Newsletter About
News & Politics

Middle East crisis live: Trump claims Iran attack ‘on hold’ due to request from Gulf allies

The US president said he called off a planned attack on Iran on Tuesday so that peace talks could continueFull report: Trump claims planned attack on Iran postponed after Tehran makes new proposal to end warAs we have been reporting,…

This article was originally published by The Guardian World and is republished here under license.

The US president said he called off a planned attack on Iran on Tuesday so that peace talks could continue

As we have been reporting, Tehran wants Washington to pressure Israel into stopping its war on Lebanon as part of a deal to end the US-Israeli war on Iran.

But the US has so far seemed reluctant to exert any real pressure on Israel to stop its continued attacks on southern Lebanon despite a recently extended ceasefire and with Lebanon and Israel set to resume diplomatic talks at the beginning of June.

Continue reading…

More in News & Politics

View All →

Leave a Reply

Discover more from The Meridian Review

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading